top of page

To be funded by Medicaid, Assitive Technology or AT devices must specifically address medical problems and be prescribed by a physician.  Medically necessary AT services are covered under Federal Medicaid law, and AT devices that are considered durable medical equipment are often covered under individual states’ Medicaid regulations.  It is best to work with your physical therapist, physician and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider to see what types of equipment your child is eligible for.  This can be a somewhat tedious process depending on your state and insurance situation, but stay with it.  The benefits your child will receive is more than worth the time and effort required to get one.

Are Gait-Trainers covered by insurance? 

Studio 3 18360.jpg
bottom of page